Friday 13 January 2012

A Happy & Creative New Year to you all!

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and it was full of creativity. I have just received an email from a lady who bought some of my Making Kits and on Boxing Day she made, 2 Rabbits, 3 Snowman and 2 Reindeer!

If you weren’t so lucky and got stuck with the washing up you might be ready for some “you time” How about learning to knit or crochet? There are places available this very Wednesday 18th Jan for the Cosy Knitting & Crochet Club. More details are on the website of facebook for photos of the previous nights. Tickets are £15 inc drinks, nibbles, raffle, yarns and materials. Pay on the night is possible but please call me to save your seat.

Thank you for all your tremendous support of the new program and to keep up with your needs I have re jigged a few of the workshops. Both Cath Ray and Janet Clare have agreed to another day and there are jut a few places left on the Bookbinding 19th Feb and the 24th March respectively.

In contrast the Friendly Patch doesn’t seem to have caught your imagination. Looks like I did a rubbish job of writing it, which is strange because it’s the one I am most excited about (well apart from the Wonderland Party). Quilting and patchwork is a favourite technique of mine as it means I can use precious scraps and when thrown together they make a beautiful story. I promise this will be a workshop of nostalgia with just enough techniques to get you hooked on the beauty of combing cloth and history making with a practical outcome.

I also think I might have been too specific when I planned the Make a Top in a Day workshop Unusually I tried to keep it simple but I guess you are all more used to my “make what you like” approach! The Sewing Know How and Dressmaking has sold out so it does seem something that you are interested in. So, if you do want to get to grips with patterns, machines, fabrics, fitting and general sewing confidence as well as bags, skirts, tops and cushions come on the 26th Feb.

The Wonderland Party was one of the fastest booking workshops (was it the promise of high tea and games, I ask myself?) so to extend the offer I have added all the activities onto the High Tea and Hats, 3rd March. Your greatest problem will deciding which projects from all the ones on offer you want to get finished in the day. Two tutors, double ideas, double the fun.

Hope & Elvis has gone all posh and has a fancy new logo and loyalty cards, don’t forget to pick one up at your next workshop. Do four day workshops and you will get the fifth half price, it may not take you as long as you imagine when you see the tutors I have planned for later in the year. Artists and makers include, Jessie Chorley, Betty Pepper, Ella Robinson, Janine Nelson as well as a new Hat Blocking course with milliner and writer Mary Jane Baxter. We may even get a wonderful, “angel” like tutor all the way from America! Dates and bookings will be released as soon as all confirmed.

Right I best get back to my painting…. for some reason I thought it would be a good idea to re arrange and decorate the studio and shop The enormity and horrible reality of this task is now upon me...its good job I don’t have much clutter to move….!!


Louise

3 comments:

  1. Oh my word! So much to do so little time! Going over to book something now! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A blog post how fabulous - see you Wednesday if not before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only I ACTUALLY put on my ramblings down on the blog it would still only be half as good as yours! Wish I could organise email alerts. Cant wait to see you in your Levi's, well jel.

      Delete